A lot of Mums these days are able to definitively say "I'm done"- after having their first, second or even fifth child. If you've never had that feeling and you're undecided about whether you might have another one...
Family Planning Getting You Down?
A lot of Mums these days are able to definitively say “I’m done”- after having their first, second or even fifth child. If you’ve never had that feeling and you’re undecided about whether you might have another one, there are some telltale signs you probably will go for the third…
If you’ve said yes to five or more of these, you might as well keep your old baby clothes!
- You’re still hanging on to your now 4 year old’s onesie.
- You have all girls but you find yourself reading the brochure about circumcision in your doctor’s waiting room.
- Your youngest is a boy but you insist on buying neutral everything.
- Your husband’s suggestion he get a vasectomy falls on deaf ears.
- When looking for houses, the ‘spare’ bedroom is secretly you’re future child’s.
- You can take the sleepless nights because you’re resigned you’ll do it differently next time.
- You love playdates and lift shares because you get to practice handling more.
- You’re not all that fussed about losing all the baby weight because you know you’ll just pack it on again for the next one.
- You still track your ovulation cycle obsessively ‘just in case’ you organise a romantic night in.
- The first set of school fees shock you because you’ve already multiplied it times 3 in your head.
- You make sure you don’t use all your favourite names for your first child ‘just in case’.
- You make sure you don’t reveal to friends and family what the other contenders were for baby names ‘just in case’.
- You turn into a sloppy puppy every time you see or hold a newborn.
- You recite in your head your kids’ and ‘future kids’ names to see if they go together ‘just in case’.
- You drop not-so-subtle hints to your hubby about ‘if’ we were ever to have another one, I would definitely do….
- You buy a people carrier when you a sedan will actually do.
- Finally, you notice how helpful your kids are when it comes to little babies. Who wouldn’t want another one?!
<div class='sharedaddy sd-block sd-like jetpack-likes-widget-wrapper jetpack-likes-widget-unloaded' id='like-post-wrapper-102646360-1360-5dad179aba1cd' data-src='https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=102646360&post_id=1360&origin=mixedracefamily.com&obj_id=102646360-1360-5dad179aba1cd' data-name='like-post-frame-102646360-1360-5dad179aba1cd'><h3 class="sd-title">Like this:</h3><div class='likes-widget-placeholder post-likes-widget-placeholder' style='height: 55px;'><span class='button'><span>Like</span></span> <span class="loading">Loading...</span></div><span class='sd-text-color'></span><a class='sd-link-color'></a></div>